How is it February people? There are so many things to look forward to this month. February’s packed full of fashion, must watch television (don’t even get me started about The People v. O.J. Simpson – and I guess some sports event next week?) So let’s break it down a little further.
- J. Crew Eyewear: Up until now, J. Crew has only carried other designer eyewear, but as I went through their latest catalogue with Liya Kebede and Carolyn Murphy, I realized J. Crew has launched their own eyewear. I’m obsessed with the Sam in red and the Betty in tortoise…oooh or the grey! How often do you see grey sunglasses!?
- Fashion Week : Technically, February is fashion month. Get ready for 4 weeks of fall fashion all fashion capitals of the world. There was a major game of musical chairs going on in some of the most successful fashion houses so I’m curios to see how Balenciaga will look without Alexander Wang, Lanvin without Alber and Dior without Raf Simmons. Plus, I love love love all the style on the streets outside of the shows.
- Valentine’s Day: Some may dread it or think it was made up by retailers, but I really don’t mind February 14th. I always feel a little nostalgic for the days when we made mailboxes out of old shoe boxes in grade school and got excited to get cards from boys (even though their mom’s probably made them write to all the girls). Any who, I’m not very mushy nowadays so maybe I’ll get a silly card & make some cookies for my loves.
- Cropped & Flared Jeans: Ever since I saw these jeans on Shopbop, I can’t get this silhouette out of my head. Too bad the only size left is 24- curse you skinny minis!(UPDATE: This dreamy pair is now available here) I guess I should just move on. I did try on a fab pair (similar for less) the other day and may just have to get them. I’m also obsessing over these high waisted skinnies here and here.
- The Oscars: Nerd alert: when I was little, I would get so excited about Oscar night, that I would put on my fanciest dress (probably Jessica McClintock) and watch the awards in them. My dream was to attend them one day. I don’t think that is ever going to happen so I just have to settle for stalking celebs and stylists on Instagram and Twitter.