Ladies, pack your bags, we are heading to New Zealand. If there was ever a reason to go to Aukland, Blush is it (never mind the gorgeous landscapes, incredible beaches blah blah blah.). Owner and creative director Kelly Karma of the flower shop, Blush, designed the space all by her lonesome and I honestly could not be more in love. Who knew you could have these type of feelings for a shop!
The 90’s are back in a major way and I couldn’t be happier about the decade’s fashion resurgence. It was a pivotal time in the development of my fashion obsession so to me, there is not a more exciting, glamorous, inspirational time than the 90’s. While I was introduced to supermodels like Kate, Naomi, Linda and designers like Donna, Calvin and Gianni, there was one icon I died to emulate and that special lady was one Cher Horowitz. Cher was my style goddess and Clueless was what I watched to worship her in all her glory. I tried to copy just about every look (looking back it seems like knee highs and mary janes might have been a little provocative for an 8th grader). So imagine my excitement when some of my favorite trends worn by the Clueless cast came back to life over the last few seasons. Of course they are modernized interpretations, but I’m still kicking myself for donating all those knee highs.
- The most exciting time in fashion is just around the corner. NYFW kicks off a month long fashion whirlwind. It’s been a tumultuous time in fashion with head designers moving from one job to another so I’m excited to see what happens with these spring collections. And besides that, the street style is never disappointing.
- Happy Birthday, Brigitte Bardot!! The french beauty and obvious style icon of mine turns 82 this month.
- Huzaaaaah! School is starting up for all the little ones. Facebook has been flooded with adorable back to school pictures and soon I will be joining in on the celebration. Campbell will be going to school 2 days a week. FREEDOM…for a few hours at least.
- Rebecca Atwood is on fire right now. A textile collection, a collaboration with Target and now a new book!!?!I will admit that pattern kind of scares me, which is why I’m excited to get my hands on Living With Pattern. Hopefully I can learn to play with pattern like a pro.
- Bring on the Chanels! Uhhhhh Y’all! I’m so excited for all the goodness that will be airing this September. We have the Emmy’s, my new favorite, Scream Queens (the main Chanels are returning), Empire and so many more. I have become obsessed with True Crime stories thanks to Netflix’s Making A Murderer and all the OJ Simpson shows which is why I am super excited for the documentary about the tragic and mysterious disappearance of JonBenét Ramsey.
My husband and I flew without our son the other weekend and I have to tell you, it was magical. Yes flying is usually so gross and annoying, but I appreciated every quiet second I spent on the plane. I felt as relaxed as if I were at a spa. However, my face did not look very après spa like. I was super dehydrated which I probably wouldn’t have even noticed if my toddler was with us, but next time I travel- solo or with baby, I am bringing an army of TSA approved skincare with me to stop that dull dehydrated look from happening again!
Designer, Aerin Lauder has enlisted Olivia Palermo to be the face of it’s recently launched line of handbags, shoes and scarves and it’s fall campaign is (not surprisingly) incredibly chic. The style star’s effortless style and elegance is a perfect match for the luxury lifestyle brand’s modern, feminine aesthetic. Available exclusively on Net-A-Porter and Aerin, the collection is full of structured handbags and ultra feminine flats in neutrals, leopard print and dusty pinks.
Shop More Aerin