Kate Spade New York introduced a new home line last week and the girly girl in me is rejoicing. I had seen a few Instagram photos from High Point where the collection debuted, but I didn’t get a sense of how good it actually is. The line is made up of classic and modern pieces, but with a flair that only Kate Spade can pull off. So, think polka dots, bows and pops of color. [Read more…]
Archives for October 2015
This video is almost a year old and I’m not quite sure how I missed it. It could be because I was about to bring a bebe into the world or it could be because Vogue is now diluted with Kylie Jenner updates every 4 minutes, but either way, this video is greatness. Sienna Miller went from like number 10 on my girl crush list to tying for number 1 (Poppy Delevigne – her bff is also 1). She seems so down to earth – not in that “I’m Gwyneth Paltrow, and I swear I’m just one of you” way- but a normal person/mom who can make fun of herself and other celebrities. I love seeing little parts of her home. So British. And let’s not forget about the GIANT Damien Hirst in her living room. DROOLING.
Isn’t she the best!?
If you have looked through any street style pictures from Fashion Month, you may have noticed there were two “It” shoes. The first was a furry pair of Gucci loafers (you know how I’m feeling about loafers for fall) and the very lady like, two tone slingback from Chanel. First introduced by Coco in 1957, the slingback was reimagined by Karl Lagerfeld and debuted at the Fall/Winter ’15 Chanel presentation. Major Buzz ensued. And before you say, ” oh, thanks Elizabeth, my granny would look great in those”, you have to see them on. They go with everything!
- Flats: This trend could not come at a better time because I’m boycotting all of my heels. Why are they so mean to my feet? Sneakers have become part of my everyday uniform and I am dying to add a pair of lace up flats as well. My dream are these Gianvito Rossi’s, but you can’t go wrong with these guys for just $30. Done!! I still plan on wearing my D’orsay’s, but I may have to substitute them every now and then for these (so similar to the Celine’s) or these loafers.
- Suede Skirt: While suede is a pricier fabric, there are so many cute skirt options out there, you can spend as little or as much as you want on one. I’m kind of obsessed with this wrap version, but think I’ll get more wear out of this Topshop one.
- Turtlenecks: If you get tired of wearing the same ole sweaters every fall, then all you need to do is add a turtleneck..or two. I plan on getting a really thin version to wear under button downs, dresses and sweaters and getting a thicker one to pair with jeans. It would also look super cute with a suede skirt!
- Over The Knee Boots: I know I know. This one seems a little too bold to try, but I think you can do it. I had a pair of black suede flat boots that I absolutely loved. I wore them to death. Literally, the soles were done so I had to give them away. Thus I am in search for new ones. I really think if you tried a neutral color in a suede, or even these you too could pull off the over the knee boot and avoid the hooker stigma.
- Shearling: This might be one of my favorites and yet I have no shearling. You could go with something as simple as a super cute lined vest or even a shearling trimmed coat on sale here, but I am dying….DYING for a full on, wooly mammoth, shearling vest or coat.
- Maxi Cardigan: Now this isn’t something that’s really trendy, but I saw a girl wearing a floor length cardigan the other day and thought it looked super cool. Ever since then, I’ve been dying for it to get cooler so I can wear this guy. For $30, it’s worth a try!
- Fringe: First off let’s give a hand to Clare Waight Keller for creating the Chloe Hudson bag (shown above). Actually we should just give her a hand for everything that is Chloe right now, but I digress. What is a better embellishment than fringe?! From tops (I’m dying for this one for an upcoming girls’ trip) to handbags to skirts, you cannot go wrong with fringe this fall!
phew…and I’m done. Are there any you’re just dying to try??
I don’t know what monster skulked through my closet, but something mean was in there and left a sad, sad hole where all my pretty dresses used to be. I mean……it could have been me in a moment of psycho purging before our move or after I had a baby and realized I don’t need any nice clothes because I don’t leave the house, but that’s neither here nor there. All I’ve got are my pesky safety dresses that seem to always escape my purges. Well no more! I need some not so safe, statement making dresses. And at the top of my list is a little black dress. With the holidays and wedding season quickly approaching, what better option is there than a lacy, sparkly or feathery version?? I’ve narrowed down a few of my favorites and wanted to share just in case you are in need too. And guess what? The Shopbop ones are on sale! You are welcome. If only the Natasha Zinko one was on sale. It is me in LBD form!